The D and D Old Comrades Forum

Hello Guest,

If you reading this it means you have not yet registered.

Please take a second to Click the register button and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our D&D Old Comrades Site has to offer.

Please note that nicknames are not allowed but can be placed in brackets when registering.

Once you have registered with your full name I will activate you so you can start enjoying the meeting up with old buddies.

Semper Fidelis

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello Guest,

If you reading this it means you have not yet registered.

Please take a second to Click the register button and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our D&D Old Comrades Site has to offer.

Please note that nicknames are not allowed but can be placed in brackets when registering.

Once you have registered with your full name I will activate you so you can start enjoying the meeting up with old buddies.

Semper Fidelis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Comrades of The Devonshire and Dorset Regiment

2 posters

2022 JB0

spud murphy
spud murphy

Number of posts : 7689
Registration date : 2009-02-28

2022 JB0 Empty 2022 JB0

Post by spud murphy Fri Dec 24 2021, 13:04

the new venue for the 2022 JBO will be the WHITE ENSIGN Club in Exeter 16th & 17th September 

further details will follow in the new year.

the format for the weekend will remain the same as in previous years 

Friday evening quiz, playing for the Richie Liggins Memorial Cup, ploughman's lunch. 

Saturday visit to Exeter Cathedral for are annual service to are fallen comrades

Saturday main event Comedian, raffle, prize giving for Quiz winners, hot and cold buffet. 

due to the membership being housed all around Exeter you will have to make your own way to the Cathedral for are service  AS NO COACH WILL BE LAID ON 

further details with ticket requests form will be published in the new year

-------------------------------------------------
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. 2022 JB0 0614137001275416240

IVES and JIMMY MACK like this post

Dai Card
Dai Card

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2011-09-26

2022 JB0 Empty Re: 2022 JB0

Post by Dai Card Thu Jan 06 2022, 12:14

Will we have exclusive use of White ensign or will members be allowed in.

spud murphy likes this post

spud murphy
spud murphy

Number of posts : 7689
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by spud murphy Thu Jan 06 2022, 17:28

@Dai Card wrote:Will we have exclusive use of White ensign or will members be allowed in.
Dai,
like i said in a previous post that i sent out unfortunately the white Ensign is a private members club so the answer is no we can't stop any of their members whishing to come in. however i have been informed that they would put up a poster saying that a private function is going on  friday and Saturday normally members do keep away but you are always going to get one or two will stick there head in the door to see what's going on.

like i have said i don't see this being a problem if any of them would like to join in the quiz night for "an example they couldn't play for the Richie Liggins Memorial" as that would only be for us forum members. 

it's not the ideal situation for us as over the many weeks i have contacted many hotels while also dealing with my late brothers funeral arrangements and his estate. i had even contacted  the university but due to are numbers and accommodation requirements nothing at the moment can cater for us. my main objective was to keep the JBO alive so it seems we will have to use what we can until something better comes along which no doubt it will "we need something like the Gipsy Hill Hotel so we can all be housed under same roof" i know the Gipsy was getting tired but it served us well under the circumstances "so i think we were spoilt" with them letting  us do what we wanted and when.

-------------------------------------------------
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. 2022 JB0 0614137001275416240
Dai Card
Dai Card

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Post by Dai Card Thu Jan 06 2022, 18:30

Thanks Spud, I only asked the question to confirm what I guessed would be the answer, I would be happy the White Ensign as a venue as they have welcomed us in the past and it would be easy to stagger across the road the White Hart.

2022 JB0 525793

IVES and JIMMY MACK like this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content